Are you tired of the magical one-day or two-day “miracle courses” offered as training for your business analysts? Your team members attend, have a good time, and return with almost no ability to actually do what they went to learn.
Fed up with this? Do you want real “I can do this” results?
Trond Frantzen, expert business analyst and author of several BA books, will lead and facilitate a 3-day hands-on workshop on-site at your company location.
For available dates, please contact us.
Business Requirements Analysis | On-Site Workshop | 3 days
- For Non-Technical Analysts (software engineers & other technical professionals can also join this workshop)
- Exceptional team development in a workshop
- At your facility; on your schedule
- Excellent results, led by Trond Frantzen, expert consultant and author of several BA books
You will take away the following:
- How to determine a project’s detailed, real scope in just 3-6 hours
- How to identify the “situations” that determine the required processes for a project
- How to define the required processes based on specific circumstances or conditions
- How to identify and document the data needed to support a business process – without being technical
- How to uncover business rules that apply to the processes and data
- How to write a clear and concise narrative to describe the business processes
- How to conduct client-interactive “discovery sessions” to uncover the real business requirements from your clients and subject-matter experts.
Hands-on Workshop: You will participate in a major hands-on Business Requirements Analysis workshop. You will take away knowledge and skills.
- Workshop Reference Manual: Includes notes on the entire course, cheat-sheets and reference pages.
- Illustrated Book: Process Modeling for Business Analysts Made Easy (204 pages), with hundreds of diagrams, as a supplement to the course materials.
- Guide Booklet: How to Run Awesome Discovery Sessions (50 pages), as a step-by-step guide to effective Discovery Sessions with your clients and subject-matter experts.
- Universal Master Business Events List: Thousands of sample “business events” covering almost every business type and area. A great way to get a project started.
The price and small print:
- Private on-site fee (up to 15 persons): Corp: $15,000 | Gov’t & Non-Profits: $12,000. The price includes all materials, the two books, the instructor’s air travel, hotel, taxi, meals and workshop supplies. There are no additional costs to you. Taxes will be added where applicable.
Simply put, this is not the Same Old Stuff. This course isn’t a theoretical “what-to-do”. This is a real “how do I do this, accurate and complete”. And you get to do it hands-on in a fun case study.
For questions and available dates, or to discuss your organization’s needs, please contact us.
RON KITCHEN: Manager, Applications Support – Business Systems & Risk Management | Saskatchewan Advanced Education
“I can certainly attest to the quality of the PowerStart Approach.”
Strategy | Business Growth | Results