Are you tired of the “miracle courses” offered as training for your business analysts? Your team members attend, have a good time, and return with almost no ability to actually do what they went to learn.
Fed up with this? Do you want real “I can do this” results?
Trond Frantzen, expert business analyst and author of several BA books, will lead and facilitate a 2-day on-site session at your company location.
If you want to change how you go about business requirements analysis, and the results you get, and how quickly you get it, then join us on this exceptional 2-day course. You will learn a field-tested, highly-focused, rapid, “real agile” (yet fully documented) and risk-free approach to business requirements analysis. We will bring the skills, experience, and methodology to help you get your team from where you are now to where you want to be. And quickly.
You will never, ever, look back.
For available dates, please contact us.
Business Requirements Analysis | On-Site | 2 days
- For Business or System Analysts (non-technical and technical professionals can join this session).
- Exceptional team development for new or experienced analysts.
- At your facility; on your schedule.
- Enjoyable and enlightening.
- Excellent results, led by Trond Frantzen, expert consultant and author of several BA books.
You will take away the following:
- How to determine a project’s detailed, real scope in just a few hours.
- How to identify the “situations” that determine the required business processes for a project.
- How to define the required business processes based on specific circumstances or conditions.
- How to identify and document the data needed to support a business process – without being technical.
- How to uncover business rules that apply to the processes and data.
- How to quickly write a clear and concise narrative to describe the business processes.
- How to conduct client-interactive “discovery sessions” to uncover the real business requirements from your clients and subject-matter experts.
- How to know and prove you’ve got it all.
Detailed Session: You will participate in a significant detailed session on the “how to” of Business Requirements Analysis, presented by a master analyst. No “what is” theories, as it’s expected that everyone already knows what business requirements analysis is. This is only about “how to do it”, and nothing else. You will take away a full set of knowledge, ready to apply on your next project.
- Presentation Guide: Includes detailed notes on the entire session, cheat-sheets and reference pages.
- Illustrated Book: Process Modeling for Business Analysts Made Easy (204 pages), with hundreds of diagrams, as a supplement to the course materials.
- Special Free Guide Book: How to Run Awesome Discovery Sessions (50 pages), as a step-by-step guide to effective Discovery Sessions with your clients and subject-matter experts.
- Universal Master Business Events List: Thousands of sample “business events” covering almost every business type and area. A great way to get a project started.
The price and small print:
- Private on-site fee (up to 15 persons): Corp: $9,950 | Gov’t & Non-Profits: Please call. The price includes all materials, the two books, the instructor’s air travel, hotel, taxi, meals and workshop supplies. There are no additional costs to you. Taxes will be added where applicable.
This is not the Same Old Stuff. This course isn’t a theoretical “what-to-do”. This is a real “how do I do this, accurate and complete”. And you get to learn from an expert master analyst.
For questions and available dates, or to discuss your organization’s needs, please contact us.
RON KITCHEN: Manager, Applications Support – Business Systems & Risk Management | Saskatchewan Advanced Education
“I can certainly attest to the quality of the PowerStart Business Analysis approach.”
Business Analysis | Doing It Right